Monday, October 13, 2008

Speeches Oct 13

Overall, I think the speeches today were pretty good. I was a lot more nervous that I expected I would be because usually I'm fine talking in front of people. I fumbled around with my words; the ideas sounded fine in my head, but coming out, they didn't quite make it. This taught me to reherse more and to better organize my thoughts more thoughroughly (spelling?) before presenting.

Of all the speeches today, Amy's sticks out in my head the most. She described Heifer International beautifully, and the fact that she made it so personal caught my attention. I felt like she really took into consideration her audience how to appeal to them. There was an excellent balance of pathos and ethos. The emphasis on the fact that the animals' offspring are shared with others was the piece of the organization that really touched me.

No comments: