Monday, December 8, 2008

I.C. Update Again

I've decided to discuss whether or not the environmental consequences of factory farming are worth the cheap prices and wide-spread availability.

Now I'm having trouble finding sources that aren't extremely radical believers in their cause. The books I'm using, Vegan Freak, Vegetarian Manifesto, Generation Green, and a few others, as well as my web sources, PETA, GoVeg.com, and some others all have an agenda. Their statistics seem to match, but they are all trying to achieve the same thing.

On the other hand, the only pro-meat industry sources I can find only discuss why animal rights activist are stupid or they relate somehow to health. There is nothing that defends that the environmental issues are a necessary evil.

I've written the opening paragraph of my paper and plan on writing at least a full page tonight.

No comments: